Welcome to Highcliffe Sixth
At Highcliffe, we are passionate about enabling each individual to achieve their full potential.
- High quality learning experience
- Excellent exam results and progression into Higher Education
- Extensive range of courses
- Excellent facilities including Sixth Form Cafe, Study Centre, Art Studio, Music Recording Studio, Fitness Suite, Language Labs, state-of-the-art Technology Centre
- High quality ICT provision and online resources
- Gifted and Talented Lead School
- Excellent Higher Education and careers support
- Exceptional preparation for Oxbridge and medical applications, university admissions tests and interviews
- "Outstanding pastoral care, guidance and support" - Ofsted
- Strong student voice
- Comprehensive programme of enrichment activities, trips and social events
- Financial support, travel subsidies and Sixth Form transport service
Highcliffe Sixth Form encourages all of its students to aspire to the highest levels of achievement and enables them to prepare for adult life. We offer a broad range of qualifications and encourage each individual to choose a balanced and challenging combination of courses appropriate to their strengths, interests and ambitions.
Sixth Form studies are designed to ensure exam success and help students become independent thinkers and learners – not only through their main examination courses, but also through the acquisition of key skills and involvement in the academic and personal enrichment programme. We aim to combine a friendly and informal atmosphere with high expectations and high standards of achievement. The choice you make about which path to take at the age of sixteen will influence the future direction of your life. It is a critical decision. We aim to ensure that you never have cause to regret choosing Highcliffe Sixth Form.
A dedicated team of Sixth Form leaders, support staff and form tutors work with our students on a daily basis to support them, encourage them and help them overcome challenges in their learning. A wide range of enrichment and extra-curricular activities provide opportunities for sometimes life-changing new experiences and personal development.
Why choose Highcliffe Sixth Form?
Owned by: LSN | Last Published: 30/08/2018 11:00:23 | Next Update: June 2018
Employers, colleges, universities and training providers will be exhibiting at Highcliffe School
Zadie had the opportunity to take part in the SoundStorm event ‘Transmission’. Here she tells about her experience:
After reviewing all of our student work, we have awarded our Highcliffe Fellowship Award
Our annual Summer Concert is always a fantastic way to review and celebrate the achievements and successes of our musicians and performers for the academic year.
Our Year 12 aspirant Oxbridge students had a fantastic time on their residential trip to University of Oxford. As well as seeing the university, they had a chance to explore oxford and what it has to offer!
Highcliffe School have won the Bournemouth and Poole Inter-School Chess Competition and retain the cup for a second year.
Following on from the lecture on Music Production given by Dr Panos Amelidis from the Faculty of Creative Technology in January we took up the offer of a tour of the facilities at BU and the experience of a Music Production class.