Welcome to Highcliffe Sixth
At Highcliffe, we are passionate about enabling each individual to achieve their full potential.
- High quality learning experience
- Excellent exam results and progression into Higher Education
- Extensive range of courses
- Excellent facilities including Sixth Form Cafe, Study Centre, Art Studio, Music Recording Studio, Fitness Suite, Language Labs, state-of-the-art Technology Centre
- High quality ICT provision and online resources
- Gifted and Talented Lead School
- Excellent Higher Education and careers support
- Exceptional preparation for Oxbridge and medical applications, university admissions tests and interviews
- "Outstanding pastoral care, guidance and support" - Ofsted
- Strong student voice
- Comprehensive programme of enrichment activities, trips and social events
- Financial support, travel subsidies and Sixth Form transport service
Highcliffe Sixth Form encourages all of its students to aspire to the highest levels of achievement and enables them to prepare for adult life. We offer a broad range of qualifications and encourage each individual to choose a balanced and challenging combination of courses appropriate to their strengths, interests and ambitions.
Sixth Form studies are designed to ensure exam success and help students become independent thinkers and learners – not only through their main examination courses, but also through the acquisition of key skills and involvement in the academic and personal enrichment programme. We aim to combine a friendly and informal atmosphere with high expectations and high standards of achievement. The choice you make about which path to take at the age of sixteen will influence the future direction of your life. It is a critical decision. We aim to ensure that you never have cause to regret choosing Highcliffe Sixth Form.
A dedicated team of Sixth Form leaders, support staff and form tutors work with our students on a daily basis to support them, encourage them and help them overcome challenges in their learning. A wide range of enrichment and extra-curricular activities provide opportunities for sometimes life-changing new experiences and personal development.
Why choose Highcliffe Sixth Form?
Owned by: LSN | Last Published: 29/12/2017 10:04:37 | Next Update: June 2018
The Brilliant Club is an award-winning charity that exists to widen access to highly selective universities for students from non- selective state schools.
Highcliffe School welcomed fourteen students and two members of staff from our partner school, Johoku High School, for an exciting week packed full of activities.
A group of Aspiring Medics in Year 11 made applications earlier in the year for a work placement at Bournemouth Hospital.
On Tuesday 20th March, Mrs Barclay and four Year 8 students represented Highcliffe School at the Salters Festival of Chemistry
Year 11 and 12 Health and Social Care students attended a series of workshops organised by the UK Student Recruitment & Outreach Programme at Bournemouth University.
Year 13 Art and Design Celebration of Work Exhibition and Foundation Interviews
STEM work brings Highcliffe and Southampton University together for yet another excellent experience.
Three sisters, who attend Highcliffe School, bring back gold from the South England Martial Arts Open Karate Championships.
12 of our Year 13’s took part in University style life drawing sessions at Arts University Bournemouth, giving them valuable experience in further education.