Performance Tables and Results
Each year the Department for Education issues the national school Performance Tables which include previous examination results and destinations (at 16 and 18). To view our entry please click the link below.
2017 GCSE Highlights (news story)
• Attainment 8 2017: Not Yet Confirmed
• Progress 8 2017: Not Yet Confirmed
• 70% Achieved 4+ (standard pass) in English and Mathematics under the reformed GCSEs
• 42% Achieved 5+ (strong pass) in English and Mathematics under the reformed GCSEs
• 67% Achieved 5+ (strong pass) in English or English Literature and 45% 5+ in Mathematics
• 58.4% of students undertook the English Baccalaureate with 28.3% achieving at 4+ (standard pass) and 23.5% at 5+ (strong pass)
• Percentage of students staying in education or employment after key stage 4: Not Yet Confirmed
(The school is awaiting updates to the school performance tables which are published in November and January)
2017 A-Level/BTEC Highlights (news story)
• 23% of all grades were A*-A (or equivalent)
• 51% of all grades were A*-B (or equivalent)
• 78% of all grades were A*-C (or equivalent)
• 84% of all BTEC grades were Distinction*/Distinction
• Average grade across all academic qualifications was a C+
• Average grade across all applied qualifications was a Distintion*
• No students undertook the Tech Levels qualifications
• 4 of our 6 students that needed to resit English or Maths qualifications were successful gaining a C or above
• 16.8% of students achieved AAB or above in Facilitating Subjects
2016 GCSE Highlights (news story)
• Attainment 8 Score of 53.1 (National 48.2)
• 68% Achieved C+ in English and Mathematics (National 58.7%)
• 24 students achieved at least 8 A or A* grades and 17 achieved at least 10
More detained GCSE results information can be downloaded here
2016 A Level Highlights (news story)
• 29% of all grades achieved were A*/A grades
• 60% all grades achieved were A*/A/B, up by over 5% on last year and across all subjects
• 80% of grades achieved were A*/A/B/C
• Level 3 Value Added score of +0.12 placing Sixth Form in the 'Above Average' category
• Average point score per entry of 32.2 (C+) above national average of 31.8
• Independent A-Level Performance System places the Sixth Form in the top 10% nationally for progress Click here to find out more about sixth form.
More detailed GCE results information can be downloaded here
2015 GCSE Highlights
• 83% gained 5 or more A* to C grades
• 71% gained 5 or more A* to C grades including English and Mathematics
• 66% gained 5 or more A* to C grades including English, Mathematics and Science
More detailed GCSE results information can be downloaded here
2015 A Level Highlights
• 99% overall pass rate at A2 Level
More detailed A Level & BTEC information can be downloaded here
If you wish to have any further details regarding results please contact the school.
Owned by: MDS | Last Published: 04/10/2017 15:52:42 | Next Update: September 2018
Today we will be celebrating the best ever GCSE results in the school’s history, which break all previous records in the school.
This year's excellent examination results maintain Highcliffe's position as a leading provider of Sixth Form education in the Christchurch, New Forest and Bournemouth areas.
Key Dates for Results, Advice Surgeries and the Start of Term
If you have concerns about your exam results please see here. PLEASE NOTE DEADLINES APPLY
This is a special edition ‘Year in Review’ and looks at all the events, trips and enrichment activities that have happened throughout the year and as you will see, what a year it’s been!
On 5th July, Highcliffe School hosted a Friendship Day with Oxford Gardens Primary School, the primary school in the shadow of Grenfell Tower.