Performance Tables and Results
Each year the Department for Education issues the national school Performance Tables which include previous examination results and destinations (at 16 and 18). To view our entry please click the link below.
2017 GCSE Highlights (news story)
• Attainment 8 2017: Not Yet Confirmed
• Progress 8 2017: Not Yet Confirmed
• 70% Achieved 4+ (standard pass) in English and Mathematics under the reformed GCSEs
• 42% Achieved 5+ (strong pass) in English and Mathematics under the reformed GCSEs
• 67% Achieved 5+ (strong pass) in English or English Literature and 45% 5+ in Mathematics
• 58.4% of students undertook the English Baccalaureate with 28.3% achieving at 4+ (standard pass) and 23.5% at 5+ (strong pass)
• Percentage of students staying in education or employment after key stage 4: Not Yet Confirmed
(The school is awaiting updates to the school performance tables which are published in November and January)
2017 A-Level/BTEC Highlights (news story)
• 23% of all grades were A*-A (or equivalent)
• 51% of all grades were A*-B (or equivalent)
• 78% of all grades were A*-C (or equivalent)
• 84% of all BTEC grades were Distinction*/Distinction
• Average grade across all academic qualifications was a C+
• Average grade across all applied qualifications was a Distintion*
• No students undertook the Tech Levels qualifications
• 4 of our 6 students that needed to resit English or Maths qualifications were successful gaining a C or above
• 16.8% of students achieved AAB or above in Facilitating Subjects
2016 GCSE Highlights (news story)
• Attainment 8 Score of 53.1 (National 48.2)
• 68% Achieved C+ in English and Mathematics (National 58.7%)
• 24 students achieved at least 8 A or A* grades and 17 achieved at least 10
More detained GCSE results information can be downloaded here
2016 A Level Highlights (news story)
• 29% of all grades achieved were A*/A grades
• 60% all grades achieved were A*/A/B, up by over 5% on last year and across all subjects
• 80% of grades achieved were A*/A/B/C
• Level 3 Value Added score of +0.12 placing Sixth Form in the 'Above Average' category
• Average point score per entry of 32.2 (C+) above national average of 31.8
• Independent A-Level Performance System places the Sixth Form in the top 10% nationally for progress Click here to find out more about sixth form.
More detailed GCE results information can be downloaded here
2015 GCSE Highlights
• 83% gained 5 or more A* to C grades
• 71% gained 5 or more A* to C grades including English and Mathematics
• 66% gained 5 or more A* to C grades including English, Mathematics and Science
More detailed GCSE results information can be downloaded here
2015 A Level Highlights
• 99% overall pass rate at A2 Level
More detailed A Level & BTEC information can be downloaded here
If you wish to have any further details regarding results please contact the school.
Owned by: MDS | Last Published: 04/10/2017 15:52:42 | Next Update: September 2018
Information for Parents in the event of a school closure
11 Year 8 students attended an evening event at Pizza Express as part of the Shine Project.
Mrs Jane Naylor, former statistician for the Office for National Statistics comes in to talk to Sixth Form maths students.
To celebrate the Christmas season, a Writing Competition was launched in the library.
Alice Ritchie attended lunch with six of our Sixth Form students who are hoping to apply to Oxford University
Cancer Research representative comes into school to collect donations raised from Mufti Day.
Prospective Oxford student and Sixth Former, Andrei, skypes with Jacob, a current Oxford student in his final year studying French and Spanish.