Investors in Careers Award
‘We value the power of education to change lives.’
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) at Highcliffe School is seen as an important part of school life and all students will receive this as part of their learning. We aim to put into practice our vision that we value the power of education to change lives, by informing and guiding our students to make the most of their education, enabling them to make positive life choices and career aspirations.
Students are entitled to careers education, advice and guidance which is:
• independent and impartial
• integrated within their overall education and structured to provide help at transition and progression points and to meet their continuing needs
• based on the principle of equal opportunities
The aim of CEIAG is to:-
• Prepare students at Highcliffe School for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
• Help students develop an understanding of their own and others’ strengths, limitations, abilities, potential, personal qualities, needs, attitudes and values.
• Help students investigate opportunities for further learning and employment, make decisions, and manage progression and transition across the three key stages.
• Work towards ensuring that students leave the school with employment, further education or training.
With these goals in mind, the school will be working towards a re-assessment of our Investors in Careers quality award. This will help the school to fully develop our careers and enterprise education as part of a coherent programme of study, and ensure that all students have access to relevant and up to date careers advice, information and guidance.
Over the next few weeks the school hopes to achieve our quality award and re-establish our commitment to being investors in careers, which in turn will benefit all students within the Highcliffe School community.
Owned by: ldn | Last Published: 12/06/2017 13:15:16 | Next Update: N/A
It's been a great term so far with events like Prize Giving and Open Evening and exchange trips to Spain and France.
The Autumn term has been a busy one with many exciting trips and visits happening including a visit from Celebrity chef Lorraine Pascale who came in to give a talk about confidence.
Zoe Wins Volunteer of the Year Award at Bournemouth Echo's Proud to Care Awards
Highcliffe School is the latest addition to a countywide business programme following a partnership with a local business.
Three students will be embark on an authentic french work experience
The annual residential field trip took the Biology students to Lesson House Field studies Centre in October.
Every year the School joins in with the Rotary Club Shoebox Scheme, making and collecting Christmas shoeboxes for needy children around the world.